"you can’t go into a build a bear, you’re almost 20yrs old"
*goes into build a bear*
Currently in Bath and it’s so gorgeous. Just the stone that makes up the majority of buildings gives it this atmosphere and it’s lovely
la la la (feat. sam smith) - naughty boy
I want to start a blog and call it “shit customers say” and just have all the poor wait staff and shop assistants submitting all the bullshit we get told by customers on a daily basis
He’s got to be some kind of ancient God of beauty because this is ridiculous.
Petition for him to play a swashbuckling pirate or a starship captain or an ancient gladiator or, really, ANYTHING where we can just look at him and drool and dream for ninety minutes.
i wonder what it feels like to be the most beautiful man in the world
I know you're there. Don't be afraid. I'm not afraid. Then come out. Then you'll be afraid.
Simply breath taking
Palette sketch requests!
Sorry I couldn’t get to all of them (got a lot more than expected). If I skipped yours, it’s probably because I wasn’t familiar with the character, sorry ; A ; Thanks for the requests though, guys, it was a lot of good practise~!
hyenas, terrifying and excellently organized predators of the savannah
also surprisingly docile and like neck scritches and have a tail chasing compulsion
if you don’t think hyenas are great then you’re objectively wrong
Aaaahhh, I love hyenas. :D
Hyenas: Always getting a bad rap because lions are jerks. Lions actually steal from hyenas most of the time because hyenas are the better predators — but they’re also very skittish when faced with a giant pride of cats. Adorable babies!
Okay, lemme tell you about spotted hyenas, aka the BAMFiest BAMFs in the animal kingdom.
- Their societies are entirely female-dominated. Female hyenas are larger and stronger than males and have higher social status in clan hierarchy - even the lowest-ranking female in a hyena clan is higher up the social ladder than the highest-ranking male. They’re basically the Amazons of the animal world. The females even have false penis-like appendages (which are essentially large clitorises), which led the ancient Greeks to think that hyenas were hermaphrodites. Because fuck your narrow human perceptions of sex and gender roles, that’s why.
- They are considered the dominant predators of the African savannah, despite not being the largest or strongest, because they are the most successful hunters. Their hunting success rate is estimated to be about 70-80%, meaning that they catch about 70-80% of prey they pursue - a freakishly high statistic (to compare, the success rate of lions and wolves is about 20-30%). They also scavenge much less than lions do, as whowasntthere said, and are incredibly adaptable and opportunistic predators, meaning that they are also the most common and widespread of the large African carnivores. That’s not too bad for an animal typecast as a lazy scavenger.
- Their jaws are some of the strongest in the animal kingdom, stronger than those of lions, tigers, wolves or perhaps bears, and can crush elephant and giraffe bones; hyenas are also able to digest all bone matter. Don’t tell me that’s not metal as fuck.
- Despite looking like dogs, they are not part of the dog family and are actually more closely related to cats. Because fuck your logic. Nature does what it wants.
- They are incredibly intelligent. They are easily as intelligent as primates and some scientists claim that their intelligence may even rival that of the great apes, which would make them among the most intelligent animals in the world. Hyenas even outperform chimpanzees on some tests, which is pretty damn awesome, considering that chimpanzees are our closest relatives and all.
So yeah, basically hyenas are awesome and badass as well as truly fascinating animals and if you don’t have at least a bit of respect for them you’re wrong.